Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another school year...

I am not sure how much further along I am with graduate school and "making a difference" in my part of the world.  I have two more years left before I finally graduate.  I still have no idea what I want to do, other than improve all outcomes for all children.  Hum, lofty goal...

I am learning that people like me are never completely satisfied because we want the best for everyone and it becomes personal for us.  I want every child to succeed.  I want every family strengthened.  I want every parent empowered.

So much of our time here on earth is consumed with nonproductive "stuff".  I often let the negative energy of others consume me.  Another lesson, stay focused on the goal.  There will always be unhappy people.  Sadly, this will never change.  When difficult people get in the way, say thank you for the reminder to except the choices made and thank you for the reminder that hard passionate work IS living.  We never know what unhappy people are struggling with, be thankful that insecurity and regret are not trapping you.  Finding compassion for difficult people is extremely hard but it is the only way that we can stay focused on the goal of making a difference and the only way we can live with ourselves.  I am still working on this...

We make choices everyday.  May we choose to make a difference in our part of the world, encouraging others along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment